Viator Captures and Debuts Pokémon Go Tours Around the World
Part of the appeal of Pokémon Go is being outside in real-world locations, hunting for hidden Pokémon, and “catching ‘em all.” Now the team at Viator, a TripAdvisor company and the leading resource for tours and activities worldwide, has debuted a selection of Pokémon Tours sure to delight travelers and fans of the augmented-reality mobile game. From private tours with families in mind, to bus tours ideal for those looking to make friends, they all offer players authentic local experiences combined with plenty of tips for catching Pokémon and becoming the best trainers in the world.
Viator offers Pokémon Go tours in many destinations around the world, including a walking tour in Split, Croatia and private hunting tours by car or minivan equipped with WiFi in Madrid, Vienna and Berlin. Other “Pokétours” include:
- Tennessee: Perfect for families that play together, the Pokémon GO Tour in Nashville via golf cart includes a private guide for a more personalized experience, with plenty of photo opportunities at each stop as players catch Pokémon, visit Pokéstops, battle at Pokégyms, and tour Nashville. The Pokémon Go Safari Bus in Memphis, ideal for those looking to make new friends, takes teams around the city as expert guides drop lures at different locations and offer tips, tricks and trivia.
- Paris: A professional tour guide who knows the best Pokéspots leads the Pokémon Tour in Paris – including areas teeming with Pokémon and others where they hide in plain sight and are trickier to locate. Visit Tuileries Gardens, the Louvre, the Ile de La Cite, Notre Dame, the Latin Quarter, Luxembourg Gardens, and more while catching Pokémon. The tour ends at a Pokégym to check Pokémon CP, hatch Pokémon eggs and battle with new friends and local masters.
- Italy: The Pokémon Go Tour in Venice explores the streets on a walking tour of the city, through Venetian alleys and squares in search of Pokémon. The Pokémon Go Tour in Milan, led by an expert Pokétracker, takes travelers on a three-hour walking tour that combines locating rare Pokémon and learning about the area’s history and culture.
- Bulgaria: Travelers to Bulgaria have numerous options for hunting Pokémon, with a variety of Private Pokémon Go Tours in Sofia, Sliven, Veliko Tarnovo, Plovdiv that visit many of the city’s top attractions, Pokémon Shops and Gyms.
- London: Crafted for Pokémon trainers, the Private Tour: Pokémon Go Tour in London uncovers Pokémon while visiting top sites to learn about the city’s rich history and culture, including Big Ben, St. Paul Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. Your guide will make sure you encounter plenty of Pokéstops to fill up on Pokéballs along the way!
- Japan: Learn about the Otaku culture on the Half Day Otaku Walking Tour in Osaka, which visits a “Den-den town” to peruse games and electronics, a maid café for lunch, a cosplay theater, fashion center America-Mura in Shinsaibashi, and PokeLounge, a new Pokémon-themed game café and bar.
With the Poké-popularity in full force, Viator anticipates adding more Pokétours over the coming months. For information on these Pokémon tours and thousands of insider experiences all over the world as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 2,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 1 million verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
Share article on social media or email: